W H A T T O B R I N G
The RailCarts have waterproof containers on the back of each cart that are ideal for holding personal day bags and extra coats. Please find a list of things you may want to bring with you just below.
- Being a rural environment there are insects around. If you require any allergy medications please ensure you have them with you.
- As the weather can be changeable and tunnels cool year round, we recommend you bring warm layers and/ or a windproof light jacket.
- Between April and November we suggest you bring a warm jacket, hat and gloves.
Rainproof coat if rain is forecast.
- The carts have waterproof plastic sides that ensure that the inside of the carts remain relatively dry, but waterproof gear can be useful on a really wet day.
- Robust sandals are fine but, please no jandals (flip flops/ thongs) or heels.
- If your chosen tour includes meals you can rest assured you will be well fed and watered. If you like to have extra snacks available consider packing some for the ride.
- You can refill your bottle at our meal stops.
- The New Zealand sun can be harsh on a summers' day. Don't forget your sunscreen.
- For those sunny days.
- You'll could fill a card of photos twice over with the Forgotten World stunning landscapes, please don't forget your trusted camera.
- Along the line there are often local artisans selling homemade goods, these will be cash only.