W H A T T O B R I N G
The Rail Carts have waterproof containers on the back of each cart that are ideal for holding personal day bags and extra coats. Please find a list of things you may want to bring with you just below.
- We will be following all COVID level regulations during our upcoming season. Please bring your own facemask should current COVID levels require it. There will be plenty of hand sanitiser available at meal and snack stops.
- Under Level 1 the use of face masks are not mandatory, but feel free to bring your own and use it if you prefer.
- Please do not travel if you're feeling unwell or exhibiting cold or flu symptoms.
- Being a rural environment there are insects around. If you require any allergy medications please ensure you have them with you.
- As the weather can be changeable and tunnels cool year round, we recommend you bring warm layers and/ or a windproof light jacket.
- Between the start of our season in October and early December or if you are travelling toward the end of our season in April or May, we suggest you bring a warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- The carts have waterproof plastic sides that ensure that the inside of the carts remain relatively dry, but waterproof gear can be useful on a really wet day.
- Good comfortable walking shoes are best. Robust sandals are fine but, please no jandals (flip flops/ thongs) or heels.
- All our tours include some kind of healthy snack or meal and water. If you prefer to snack on something in between stops, you are welcome to pack a few extra snacks for the ride.
- Sustainability and being environmentally conscious is a priority at Forgotten World Adventures and we have placed bins at the various meal stops for the disposal of all empty bottles and food wrappers. What we take into the Forgotten World, we bring out.
- You can refill your bottle at our meal stops.
- The New Zealand sun can be harsh on a summers' day. Don't forget your sunscreen.
- For those sunny days.
- There are so many stunning Forgotten World landscapes, please don't forget your trusted camera with an extra battery or power pack if required.
- Along the line there are often local artisans selling homemade goods, these will be cash only.